Alternative to Excel spreadsheets
Rather than have numerable spreadsheets stored in folders within folders, why not have just one file/database containing all your information? A vast improvement on spreadsheet-based messes!
Benefits of a custom application include:
- Info can be accessed by many staff in real time
- Always up to date – no ‘latest versions’ to circulate
- Any info can be found in seconds
- Reports generated automatically
- Keep track of who amended what, and when
- Give staff different privileges to change/delete info
All this from information that only had to be entered once!
Why do people have reservations with Excel?
Does any of this sound familiar?
- Remembering the name of the spreadsheet the info might be in.
- Remembering the folder name the spreadsheet might be in.
- Opening the Excel sheet. Is this the right one? If not, close sheet and repeat from 1.
- Scrolling around to find the relevant record/field
- Is the information you seek here? If not go back to 1. again.
- Hope no-one else is amending the same named Excel spreadsheet.
- Make your amends and save. Pray for no error messages.
A bespoke database written in Claris’ FileMaker Pro
- Quickly find any info on any number of criteria, i.e. client name, postcode, status, type, PO number etc. (no wracking of memory required!)
- Pick relevant record from shortlisted data
- See all details for that record at a glance, including:
Stored scanned documents with records • All communication records • A list of all related records with current status
Simple! Why not contact us to find out more?